United Kingdom

Hall & Bramley, Liverpool

Expedition White Rum
Expedition White Rum

Expedition White Rum

103 x 123 mm (4.1\" x 4.8\")
Bootlegger Navy Rum
Bootlegger Navy Rum

Bootlegger Navy Rum

100 x 127 mm (3.9\" x 5\")

Only 2 of 4 labels are shown. Underplayed labels are variations with minor differences.


History

In 1860, Charlton R. Hall - a prominent Liverpool businessman, opened offices at 17 Dale Street. By 1892 the company had moved to 11 Orange Street and had been listed in "The Century's Progress" as one of the most noteworthy wholesale wine and spirit houses in the City. Charlton R. Hall Jnr succeeded his father and took into partnership William Foulkes and J. T. Bramley. By the turn of the century, the company had become Charlton R. Hall & Bramley. Goods were warehoused in bonded stores at Fazakerley Street and Albert Dock. Agencies were Jules Robin - Cognac, Vanzelles & Co - Oporto, A. Gratien - Saumur and Glen Grant - Glenlivet Malt Whisky. The leading Whisky brand was "Glen Ghoil", which remained on the list for over 130 years.

In 1922, John Bramley retired and sold his interest to two senior staff, Harold Roughsedge and George Coonan who formed Hall & Bramley Limited. The company continued as blenders and fillers of Scotch Whisky, Irish Whisky and Rums. They soon acquired the Northern England agency for Gonzalez Byass Sherries and Charles Heidsieck Champagne, which expanded the business, and in the late 1920's the company moved to 24 Fenwick Street and opened their own bonded warehouse at Henry Street.

The sons of George Coonan and Harold Roughsedge both joined the company during the late 1930's and following the retirement in 1963 of George McKnight, who had served the Company for over 50 years, Frank Roughsedge took over as Chairman with Gerald Coonan as Vice Chairman.

In the 1960's the company diversified strongly into the fine wines of Burgundy, Bordeaux and Germany and in the 1970's bought larger premises at Wapping Warehouse on the South Dock Road. In 1985, following the redevelopment of the South Docks, the office, Bonded Warehouse and bottling plant moved to one site at Racecourse Industrial Estate in Aintree.

Hall & Bramley Limited joined the Halewood International Group in 1997. Whilst maintaining many traditional products (being Whisky blenders, primary Rum importers and suppliers of own label spirits), we have expanded the ranges to include the UK agencies for Asbach German Brandy, El Dorado Demerara Rums and Kovosh Premium Vodka. Wine agencies include Marques de Caceres Rioja, Chanson Burgundy, Schroder and Schyler - Bordeaux, Kopke Port and Blanc Foussy Sparkling Loire Wine.

Hall & Bramley has a long history of providing training in the Wine and Spirit industry for people entering the trade, and has trained two Masters of Wine, a Rouyer Guillet Cup Winner and many W.S.E.T. Diploma holders.

Our aim is to continue to supply the trade with high quality products combined with the same high quality of service.



Search in text on the labels

(?) Advanced query
Parts of words (min 2 characters) or whole words Find whole words instead of their parts (?)

Last modified: April 22, 2014 Created by Petr Hloušek
Hlouškovi  
Peter's Rum Labels

English Česky Deutsch/

TOPlist
Since 1997

 

 

Page themes - text from labels: Expedition; Superior Light White Rum; Produce of Barbados & Guyana; 37.5% vol; 1 litre; Imported and Bottled by Hall & Bramley Ltd., Liverpool; Established 1860;Produce of Guyana; Bootlegger Navy Rum; Hall & Bramley Ltd., Liverpool; Established 1860; 37.5% vol; 70 cl;