Caroni (1975) Ltd. / Rum Distillers Limited
Only 12 of 28 labels are shown. Underplayed labels are variations with minor differences.
Caroni (1975) Ltd. / Rum Distillers Limited|
Here can be your link
Caroni (1975) Limited's Distillery, situated on the site of the old Caroni Sugar Factory on the Old Southern Main Road, has been involved in the distillation, blending and bottling of rum products since 1918.
In that year, a new cast iron still was commissioned, and in 1943 a wooden Coffey still was added. Both stills remained in operation until 1945, when a new all-copper still was installed.
In 1957, a single-column still was installed, and in 1979 a four-column Gerb Herman still was installed and when commissioned in 1980, increased the capacity of the distillery and improved the quality of its rums, resulting in a diversified number of products offered at the distillery.
In 1964, both the cast iron and wooden Coffey stills were replaced by a two-column Blairs still and a Pot still.
At present, the Caroni Distillery produces and markets a wide range of bottled rum products, and also maintains a large stock of aged rums, and supplies Bulk Rum to local, Caricom and international markets.
However for nearly 100 years Caroni has had large sugar estates and was the major producer of molasses on the island.
Today sadly this is no more as the company has been closed and the stocks dispersed. However we secured some years ago a few barrels of rum distilled from the Providence Estate located near Chaganos just south of the Coporo River. Using water with a low mineral content and distilling the spirit on an old patent still a slightly heavier rum than normal was produced in 1990.