Distillerie de Savanna, Saint-Denis
Only 9 of 10 labels are shown. Underplayed labels are variations with minor differences.
Site Industriel de Bois-Rouge|
Distillerie de Savanna
Distillerie Riviere du Mat (SORACO), Sainte-Suzanne|
GIE Rhums Reunion, Saint Denis
Here can be your link
In 1972 was established GIE Rhums Reunion. Today consists of
- distillery Riviere du Mat
- distillery Isautier
- distillery Savanna
To modernise the traditional rum distribution system dating back to the 1920s, an organisation of Reunion Island rum producers was founded: GIE Rhum (an economic interest group for marketing Reunion Island rums and spirits); it was renamed Rums Reunion in 2000.
The island's three distilleries initiated this group:
- Distilelie du Mat in Saint-Benoit.
- Distilelie de Savanna in Saint-Andre.
- Distilelie Isautier in Saint-Pierre.
Distillerie de Savanna was built during 1950s. It was initially located in a place known as Savanna in Saint-Paul, and was transferred in 1992 to the Bois-Rouge site, in the immediate proximity of sugar mill and the power station.
This move to a very functional location allowed for all the production equipment to be modernised, but also for environmental protection measures to be taken, with specific efforts being made for processing waste products.
The optimisation and mastery of the facilities allows the distillery, which has a capacity of 300 hectolitres of pure alcohol/day, to process around 20 000 tons of molasses produced by Sucrerie de Bois-Rouge.
Key figures for 2003:
- €8.4 milion sales.
- Distillerie de Savanna produces nearly 10 milion litres of rum every year.
- It has a storage capacity of 800 000 litres. The majority of this production is sent to Le Port storage centre. The other part (more than 300 000 litres) is aged on site.